Our experienced group of business and corporate attorneys assists in the formation of new businesses and advises newly-formed and existing companies, financial institutions and entrepreneurs. We provide counsel in a wide variety of commercial transactions, investments and securities matters, as well as corporate, limited liability company (LLC) and partnership issues.
Services & Capabilities
- Business planning, formation and reorganization
- Mergers and acquisitions, ranging from the sale of multi-state businesses to single-employee companies
- Representation of borrowers, lenders and issuers of securities, as well as purchasers of debt, equity and other types of securities
- Intellectual property matters, including trademark, trade name and copyright registrations, and intellectual property assignments
- Stock option plans and other executive compensation issues
- Product licensing, distribution and marketing issues
Additionally, we serve as general outside counsel to clients. In this capacity, we review and prepare contracts and agreements and respond to all day-to-day business legal matters according to our client’s needs. We work collaboratively with our clients and with other practice areas in our firm to ensure that we advise clients on all angles of the issues impacting their business.
Our Business Formation & Representation practice group was integrally involved with revisions to the Vermont Business Corporation Act, the adoption and amendments to the Vermont Limited Liability Act, the Licensed Lender Act, the Vermont Uniform Partnership Act, the Vermont Securities Act, and other important business legislation in Vermont. Our Business Formation & Representation attorneys understand and can counsel clients on what they need to know and do.