Our real estate and environmental attorneys have broad experience with the acquisition, redevelopment, operation, regulatory compliance and sale of contaminated properties, including guiding clients through Vermont’s Brownfields Reuse And Environmental Liability Limitations Act (“BRELLA”) program.
Our environmental clients include local developers, institutions, emerging businesses, multi-national corporations, private equity firms and local landowners. This experience, combined with our ability to collaborate with our far-reaching network of real estate consultants, engineers, government officials and others, gives us an edge in helping clients reach their goals and objectives.
Services & Capabilities
- Negotiate environmental provisions in asset purchase agreements and purchase and sale agreements
- Regularly coordinate with consultants, regulatory officials and others regarding environmental matters, including applying for and complying with BRELLA
- Assist in the planning and execution of environmental due diligence activities, including review and negotiating site access agreements and Phase II scopes of work
- Review and revise Phase I environmental site assessments and other consultant deliverables
- Assist in regulatory compliance of a broad range of local, state and federal regulations including long-term monitoring and achieving regulatory closure
- Plan and negotiate agreements to reduce liability for environmental issues
- Represent clients in environmental proceedings