Gravel & Shea manages the international intellectual property portfolios for many well-known Vermont companies. Our trademark and copyright attorneys bring deep expertise to advising clients and litigating cases to protect your intellectual property.
Services & Capabilities
- Assist clients with determining trademark availability and relative strength
- Obtain trademark registrations with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Obtain trademark registrations in jurisdictions across the globe through the World Intellectual Property Organization and our international partners
- Advise clients and litigate cases involving trademark, copyright, patent and domain name disputes or infringements, and unfair competition claims under the Lanham Act
- Help protect intangible business assets such as trade secrets, covenants not to compete and interference with business relations
The firm successfully defended Chroma Technology Corporation and its founders in one of the most significant trade secret cases to be decided by the Vermont Supreme Court. Omega Optical, Inc. v. Chroma Technology Corp., 174 Vt. 10 (2002).