The attorneys at Gravel & Shea engage in all phases of probate, estate, and trust administration. Our attorneys and paralegals have many years of experience providing probate and trust services and do so in a thoughtful and efficient manner, designed to minimize stress on family members. We assume responsibility for the often-complex process of settling estates ranging in size from the relatively modest to multi-million-dollar estates, advising administrators, executors, trustees, and other fiduciaries every step of the way.
Services & Capabilities
- Estate administration services include preparing and filing documentation with the probate court, making arrangements for the collection and appraisal of estate assets, and the payment of debts and expenses, as well as reviewing and preparing estate tax and fiduciary income tax returns, post-mortem tax planning, and the distribution of assets to beneficiaries.
- Creation of revocable and irrevocable trusts, education trusts, charitable gifting plans, spousal lifetime access trusts, qualified personal residence trusts and more
- Counsel on, and registration of, advanced care directives for healthcare and assigning power of attorney and health care proxies
- Implementation of innovative strategies to maximize clients’ assets passing to the next generation through the use of tax elections, disclaimers, and other sophisticated planning techniques
- Integration and coordination of valuable assistance of professionals outside the firm, including accountants, financial planners, investment advisors, insurance experts, and family counselors