Our team of real estate attorneys regularly assists clients with achieving their conservation objectives. Our experience representing land trusts and landowners is broad and deep.
Services & Capabilities
- Coordinating with land trusts, accountants, foresters and other professionals and stakeholders on land conservation
- Purchasing and selling conserved land
- Negotiating and drafting land conservation easements, development rights transfers and other mechanisms to conserve land
- Advising landowners about enrolling, complying with and withdrawing land from the Vermont Use Value Appraisal program (commonly known as the Current Use Program)
- Enrolling landowners into forest carbon programs
- Working in conjunction with our estate planning team to align estate planning and conservation objectives